Graham has worked in the process improvement and quality management arena for over 20 years, working in corporate environments and as a consultant.
During a successful career of over 30 years he has held a variety of management roles ranging from operations to strategic development activity.
In Royal Mail he designed, implemented and managed the Business Excellence self-assessment programme, across 21 Business Units involving nearly 220,000 people.
Graham has been an Assessor team leader for the European (EEA) and UK (UKEA) Business Excellence Award programmes for over fifteen years where he has led assessment teams and assessed a number of award winning organisations. He is an EFQM Master assessor and EFQM licensed advisor as well as having lead auditor status for Quality (9001) and Information Security (27001) management systems.
He has owned and managed ley hill solutions limited for over 15 years.
Areas of specialism
Graham has significant involvement with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) and works closely with UKAS approved certification bodies such as SGS. He acted as the Chair of the BQF’s Business Continuity networking group for over 5 years where he promoted continuity & risk management nationally, his specialisms include:
- EFQM Excellence Model
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Process Mapping
- Quality Management Systems (e.g. ISO 9001)
- Information Security management systems (ISO 27001)
- Project Management (e.g. PRINCE II)
- Problem Solving Tools & Techniques (e.g. Cause and Effect, PESTLE analysis, etc.)
- Environmental Management Systems (e.g. ISO 14001)
- Business Continuity Management Systems (e.g.ISO 22301)
Graham has worked in a number of industries and sectors including:
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Health and Social Care
- Energy / Utilities
- Transport – Rail and road
- Public sector
- Housing associations
Qualifications and training
- Institute of Management Services diploma
- EFQM Ambassador for the UK
- EFQM Licensed advisor
- Assessor Team Leader for European Excellence award
- Senior assessor for the UK Business Excellence Award
- EFQM & BQF Excellence Model Master Assessor
- European Committed to Excellence Award Validator
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
- ISO 27001 Lead auditor
- ISO 14001 Environmental specialist
- ISO 22301 Technical Awareness for Lead Auditors
- OHSAS 18001 Technical Awareness for Lead Auditors