What is ISO 22000?
The consequences of unsafe food can be very serious. Globally recognised, ISO 22000 is a management system standard that helps organisations involved in the food chain, directly or indirectly, identify and control food safety hazards. Applicable to all organisations, regardless of size and complexity, it provides a layer of reassurance within the global food supply chain, helping products cross borders and bringing people food that they can trust. It also uses the common ISO management system structure, enabling easy integration with other management system standards e.g. ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 45001.
It can help you to –
- plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system that allows you to provide products and services that are safe, in accordance with their intended use and conforms to your stated food safety policy
- demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements
- evaluate, assess and demonstrate conformity with food safety requirements agreed with customers and other relevant interested parties
- effectively communicate food safety issues to interested parties within the food chain
If you’d like help to implement or maintain it, we have experts in –
- developing systems that are effectively integrated within a specific organisation and, if appropriate, with management systems based on other standards e.g. ISO 45001
- documenting processes and especially management processes and procedures
- training staff and managers in internal auditing against a range of BS and ISO standards
- supporting management teams through the ISO certification process
- conducting readiness reviews/gap analysis in preparation for certification audits